Lady Vikes move into tie for first

The Lady Viking softball team moved into a first place tie in district 12-5A with a pair of big victories Friday and Saturday.

The Lady Vikings hosted their crosstown rivals AMC Tigers on Friday night in front of a capacity crowd. The team defeated Consol 10-1 as senior Hannah Parker improved to 9-1 on the mound.

Sophomore Erica Russell started the scoring with an inside the park home run in the bottom of the first, but Lady Vikes broke the game open with a 7 run second inning.

More information on Friday’s game can be found on The Eagle’s web site or on KBTX.

On Saturday the Lady Vikings traveled to Killeen to make up a rain out vs Shoemaker.

The Lady Vikings came away victorious by a score of 24-4.

Junior Brittney Jones improved her pitching record to 6-1.

Seniors Kenna Buxbaum and Meagan Kraatz and sophomore Taylor Curtis each had three hits.

Junior Reagan Boenker hit her 4th home run of the season to tie a school season record.

The Lady Vikings are now 19-3 and finish the first half of district play at 6-1 tied for first with A&M Consolidated and Temple. They will take the first part of the week off due to testing and will return to the diamond on Friday hosting Belton at 7pm here at the BHS Softball Complex.