Suspense thriller keeps audiences turning pages

The Woman in the Window by AJ. Finn is a riveting thriller that keeps readers on their toes. The 437 page novel basks in positive reviews and has accomplished the feat of becoming a number one New York Times bestseller. This internationally-loved book has been translated into 36 different languages for accessibility and has already landed a major film deal with Fox.

The story focuses on Anna Fox, a child psychologist who becomes a recluse after splitting with her husband and daughter. Anna lives alone with her cat and has a tenant in her renovated basement. She also suffers from agoraphobia, a fear of open spaces and enclosed public areas, and spends her days drinking wine and watching vintage films as well as her neighbors.

When a new family moves in across the street she can’t help but observe their seemingly normal life. When unexplainable events occur, Anna takes it upon herself to get to the bottom of them. Actions feeding off her own paranoia lead to a unique ending and unexpected explanation.

The quick shifts in Anna’s perception of her surroundings is a key trait that pushes the plot of the novel. Readers can’t help but sympathize with Anna even before they go through the twists and reach the end.

The Woman in the Window has earned every bit of praise its received for it’s twisted storyline, and A.J. Finn is only getting started. A.J. Finn is actually a pseudonym for Daniel Mallory, who has an extensive literature background with multiple publications. This 2017 debut novel has sold millions of copies and has been compared to many famous thrillers.

Readers of The Woman in the Window continue to not be able to put it down as each page leaves them wondering what’s next. Almost every chapter introduces more conflict into the plot, and it only gets more interesting with each page. The storyline is complex, but the shocking ending makes it all worth it.

A.J. Finn does an amazing job immersing readers and putting them directly into Anna Fox’s head throughout the entire read. This book embraces it’s tagline, “it’s not paranoia if it’s really happening,” and readers won’t know that they’re missing something until it’s there.