NHS to host blood drive

National Honor Society will sponsor host a blood drive, that benefits The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, on Nov. 7-8 from 7:30-3:30 in Gym 3.

To donate, students must be 17 years-old and weigh at least 110 pounds. Students who are 16-years-old and weigh at least 130 pounds can donate if they have a signed parent consent form.

“It benefits people who are in the hospital that need blood transfusions,” NHS president Hannah Trejo said. “We do it to help people, save lives and give to those who are in need of transfusions.”

Many students see the blood drive as a way to contribute to the community and help people.

“Giving blood is a really easy way to give back to the community,” senior Jamie Berthold said. “Though you may not feel as if you are benefiting anyone, one blood transfusion has the ability to save three lives.”

NHS members will have sign-up sheets for students and teachers during all lunches during the week of Oct. 31-Nov. 4. Students and teachers can also schedule an appointment by going to www.giveblood.org and log-in to Digital Donor with the sponsor code L429.