Cosmetology excels at Skills USA Competition

During the weekend of February 18, Cosmetology students competed in the Skills USA competition at Taylor Career Center and Lamar University in Beaumont.

In the hands-on competition, senior Sarah Sledge placed second in aesthetics/makeup.

Students Yuridiana Arechar, Yvonne Solis, Jamaycia Dennis, Keia White, Stephanie Lopez, Mykaria Hogan, Jessica Martinez, Karla Rodrigue, Erika Mendenz, Silvia Sanchez, Alyssa Solis, Ronzadrea Taylor, Adriana Villalobos, Cody Wilbanks, and Elizabeth Gomez all qualified for the state job exhibits with ‘Superior’ ratings. Brittany Ramirez, Ricki Galindo, Diana Becerra, Marisol Marquez and Kavashae Bircher all recieved ‘Excellent’ rations for their job exhibits.

Competing in six different teams, Aracely Cortez, Gabrielle Bustos, Cecilia Ybarra, Yvonne Solis, Elizabeth Alvarez, Jamaycia Dennis, Mayte Gaitan, Keia White, Adrianna Villalobos, Yuridiana Arechar, Calra Macario, Deyanira Caldera, Jessica Pachuca, Kursten Bush, Tanaka Bolden and Destiny Lewis all received ‘Superior’ ratings for the salon competition.