Lady Vike softball advances to region semifinals

The Lady Viking softball team advanced to their second consecutive region semifinals after defeating the Belton Lady Tigers in the Region II -5A Quarterfinals.

The Lady Vikes move on to face Klein-Collins in a three game series. Game 1 of the series will be Thursday at 7pm, and games 2 and 3 will be on Friday starting at 5pm. All games will be played at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville.

Making their first trip to Baylor’s Getterman Stadium since 2004, the lady Vikings split the first two games of the series.

During game 1 the Lady Vikings out scored Belton 10-7. Senior Hannah Parker picked up her 16th win of the season and sophomore Erica Russell hit her 4th home run of the season.

During game 2 the Lady Vikings rallied when they were down 4-0 after junior Brittney Jones hit her first home run and cut the score to 4-3, but that is were the score remained through the rest of the game.

The Lady Vikes blasted the Lady Tigers in game 3, 11-2. Jones earned her 8th win of the season and was a perfect 4-4 at the plate.

The lady Vikings improved to 31-6 on the year.