Tumblr the land of wonder: Users fear changes with Yahoo acquisition

Tumblr, a place of wonder and self expression.

This social media site lets people express their emotions without having to type a thing in status form. The beauty of it is that most people are wrapped up with Facebook and other social media sites and don’t necessarily enjoy blogging, so you don’t have to worry about judgement from your peers regarding the things on your Tumblr page.

Tumblr is a haven for those people who need somewhere to express themselves without scrutiny from peers. It allows people to talk about their feelings, whether it be sadness or excitedment.

Tumblr is like a coloring book filled with blank pages; you get to choose the picture to color and the way it is colored. It’s a social media account that everyone should give a chance because you never know what you will see – whether it be a life altering photo, or a good laugh – regardless you’re ever bored.

On the site, users can vent out all the bad and good emotions, sharing pictures from any tags they look up and what pops up on their newsfeed from the people you follow.

A couple of months ago, however if you listened closely, you could almost hear the cries of every hipster in the world as Yahoo bought out Tumblr.

Yahoo has tried to calm down the current users and tell them that it will be ”independently operated as a separate business” by saying that there will not be any changes coming to the social media site.

Back in 2005 Yahoo purchased another picture sharing website called Flickr, and now the site is similar to a ghost town, pretty much uninhabited. Yahoo is known to ruin websites and users are scared of the future of Tumblr.

Hipsters have their hopes set high that Yahoo will not interfere with how Tumblr is run and what they can and cannot reblog.

Many Tumblr fans have started petitions, which have been blogged and reblogged countless times, hoping it would send a message to people considering change within the site.

Everyone is anxiously waiting to see whether or not Tumblr will suffer the same fate. So far, Yahoo seems to have kept their word, but Tumblrites will just have to wait and see if Yahoo keeps their promise not to interfere with how the website is managed.

As long as Yahoo doesn’t interfere, users will continue to enjoy all Tumblr has to offer.

If you don’t have Tumblr account yet, I recommend getting one – it’s a great way to procrastinate doing that English essay.