Softball earns 600th win

The softball team became the first 5A program to reach 600 wins. The team accomplished this with a come from behind, extra inning victory over crosstown rival A&M Consolidated on Friday night.

The Lady Vikings defeated the Lady Tigers 4-3 in 11 inning and was the 8th straight victory over A&M Consolidated.

Senior Rachel Ullmann went the distance picking up her 9th win of the season.

Juniors Morgan Chavarria and Audrianna Andrade each had a pair of hits to lead the offense. Before winning it in the 11th the Lady Vikings had to rally twice. Down 2-1 in the bottom of 4th Rachel Ullmann lead off with a walk, sophomore Rachel Agnello comes in to run and Junior Lauren Galvan tripled to right to tie it up.

AMC lead 3-2 heading into the bottom of 7th, but Morgan Chavarria tripled with one out and Audrianna Andrade singled up the middle to send the game in extra innings.

Defensively in the extra innings sophomores Brianna Salinas and Saleen Quinonez stood out. In the bottom of the 11th junior Nikki Smith hit a double down the line to lead-off the inning while Rachel Agnello came in to pinch run and moved to 3rd on a sacrifice bunt by Rachel Ullmann.

The Lady Tigers catcher attempted to pick off Agnello at third but an errant throw allowed her to come in to score for the winning run.

The Lady Vikings improved to 16-7 on the season and 8-2 in district.

They will host league leading Willis on Tuesday. Jv at 5pm, Var 7pm.