Christmas wish list: Finding unique, affordable gifts this holiday season

Christmas is a time to celebrate, spend time with family, give and receive presents, and eat all the food we can. However, most people find themselves struggling with one simple thing the presents. I’ve been through it countless times, the holidays come around, stores are booming with sales, and everyone’s eager to receive the best presents in the world, but the ideas are nowhere to be found. It seems that every time I don’t have the money or a reason to buy presents for my loved ones, presents are jumping off the shelves, but when confronted with decisions of what to choose for that oh so special Christmas gift, the ideas are less than ample.

I’ve thought long and hard, and I’m here to make the present buying experience a breeze. Far from the run off the mill presents, here are just a few fun and quirky items that will ensure endless smiles come Christmas morning.

First on my list is a tiny drone. For $135 people can own their very own BB-8, an exact miniature replica right out of a Star Wars film. The drones are extremely user friendly, and are controlled through an app on any smartphone. This android can also react to voice control and can be sent and view holographic messages. However, the android doesn’t have a mind of it’s own, it’s acts completely on the user’s command despite Star Wars fan’s hopes. Have him roll around, spin his head, and chase the cat around the living room. This gift is great for kids, as well as Star Wars fans of all ages.

Next on my list is the 3Doodler. Straight out of the future, for $99 the 3Doodler is a high end 3D printing pen. The 3D printing pen extrudes heated plastic in strips like pen marks that cools almost instantly into a solid. It’s perfect for making cool 3D structures and art out of plastic. This gift will be wonderful for anyone with an interest in art, design, crafting, anyone who just wants something as cool as a pen that can draw 3D art.

This next item on the list is sure to get the attention of anyone with a smartphone. The Smartphone Projector will change the way users look at videos. Priced at the low low price of $31.99, the Smartphone Projector is a charmingly lo-fi way to share the phone’s screen. Just place any smartphone into the cardboard box constructed projector and the lens instantly enlarges the image by up to eight times! Since the entire thing is made from cardboard and glass, it’s ultra-portable, totally wireless, and uses no additional power. With the Smartphone Projector, showing the latest video to friends becomes a easily shared experience, that will be sure to impress everyone. Display vacation snapshots on your living room wall, throw up some visuals for a house party, or watch a film in anywhere.

The next item on the list is the levitron. For $100, Christmas goers can gift the Levitron Revolution with EZ Float Technology. A mesmerizing way to levitate and display small objects. This device allows users to levitate and slowly rotate collectibles, toys, or small office supplies – pretty much anything weighing up to 12 ounces. To float an object, first levitate the small magnetic disc, including with the setup of four LED lights on the base station help guide the alignment. Then users can place an item of choice on top of the disc. The Levitron automatically compensates for changes in weight by making up to 1,000 corrections per second to the electromagnets contained within the base. This gift is perfect for anyone looking to display anything in a new and futuristic way that will be sure to catch the eyes of everyone.
Almost anyone will be entranced by the air purifying Himalayan salt lamp. For $20-25 people can own a salt lamp to sit at the top of their desk. The Himalayan salt lamp is made from a natural salt crystal that’s mined from the Himalayan Mountains. However, it has a beautiful orange-reddish color to the salt crystal that sets the mood whenever owners trying to do homework, or relaxing watching TV. People who have asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the the effects of this product.

The bubble wrap suit is a must for anyone on the cutting edge of style for $14.99. Who doesn’t like bubble wrap, especially made into a suit? With this item owners can roll around and make bubble noises. This is a great way to give family and friends a big headache with the annoying sounds that the bubble wrap makes. This is a two-piece costume that’s a hooded jacket with Velcro closure and elastic waistband pants. This whole outfit is made entirely from bubble wrap, and is extremely stylish.

The last item on the list is a key chain screwdriver set. If stocking stuffers make the list of must have items, a set that includes a miniature flathead and
Phillips-head screwdrivers that will attach to any key ring should be added to the Christmas list. This is a great gift for anyone who is very handy and will need a screwdriver at anytime. Instead of looking through their toolbox looking for the different screwdriver, they have one at the tip of their fingertips.

Any one of these presents is a sure fire way to impress friends and family with something new, unique, and fun.