Published on Friday, November 18, 2011 by John Fuller
Students will be taking final exams for their fall courses from Wednesday, December 14 to Friday, December 16. Exams for periods 5, 6 and 7 will be held on Wednesday and exams for periods 1 and 2 will be held on Thursday, with the remaining exams for periods 1 and 3 held on Friday. Students will be dismissed from school at 12:55 on Thursday and Friday, with a normal release time on Wednesday.
The full exam schedule can be downloaded here.
Students interested in exempting final exams must meet the following criteria:
- have a 90 or above with no more than 3 absences OR have an 80-89 woth no more than 2 absences.
- have no discipline referrals
- pass all sections of TAKS
- 9th and 10th graders can not exempt exams in the fall
- 11th graders may exempt 2 exams in the fall, but may not exempt the same two exams in the spring and the fall.
- 12th graders may exempt two exams in the fall semester
The process for exam exemptions will begin in December through the students’ Assistant Principal’s office.