How to join the Bryan High IB Diploma Programme
The IB Program at Bryan High School begins in the junior year. To be as prepared as possible, students should take a sequence of rigorous courses in the 8th, 9th, and 10th grades. For this reason, students not zoned for Bryan High School may attend Bryan High beginning in the 9th grade to ensure a seamless transition to the Diploma Programme. Students should complete the following steps:
For Incoming 9-11 students currently zoned for Bryan High:
1. Complete the Registration of Interest Form found here. Please return to the IB Coordinator, Laura Wagner at Bryan High School, 3450 Campus Drive, Bryan, TX 77802 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017.
2. Schedule an appointment with Laura Wagner (email@example.com or 979.209.2412) to discuss the suitability of the program to meet your student’s needs and to develop a 4-year plan.
3. Let the counselor that is completing the registration process at your current school know that you are interested in the IB program.
For incoming 9-11 students currently zoned for Rudder High School:
1. Complete the 3 steps above.
2. Complete the Student Transfer Request Form. The forms can be accessed and submitted online at www.bryanisd.org. The deadline for submission is March 10, 2017. Students are required to complete transfer request forms annually. Parents should submit one application per child. Additional transfer information may be obtained by calling 979-209-1111. Students wishing to participate in the Diploma Program in the 11th and 12th grades may attend Bryan High School beginning in the 9th grade to insure that prerequisite requirements are met and to provide a seamless transition to the 11th and 12th grade. If a transfer student decides not to undertake the full diploma program, he/she must take at least two IB courses in the junior and senior years to maintain eligibility for a transfer on the basis of the IB Program.
Currently, students residing outside of the Bryan ISD attendance zone are not eligible to attend Bryan High School for the IB program.