March 17: Thoughts on Covid-19

The Norseman staff sent out a form for people to respond with their thoughts and feelings about what is going on in the community right now. We will post some of their thoughts each day to provide people with a better understanding about what people are thinking. If you would like to contribute, please click the link here: https://forms.gle/WWs8dduUpCyZd9Za9

I’m honestly annoyed with all of the people who are panic buying. They’re being so selfish to the people who ACTUALLY need those materials. I’m worried about my grandparents, who I live with, because they’re elderly and my grandpa has his own health issues as well. I wish the media would actually correctly portray Covid-19 instead of just showing all the bad and awful parts.
–Olive, High School Student

I have concerns how this is going to affect the economy for not just the nation but our community. I worry for the smaller businesses being hit hard financially and employees through out our school system that will be out of work.
–Anonymous, School Employee

I am a senior and all of this happening is so unreal to me. I don’t know how to feel. I cry because I am sad at the thought that I may not walk the stage nor have my senior prom. I never thought walking out of school before spring break might’ve been my last day of high school. I pray everyday that this all gets better and that I am able to at least get one more day of high school.
–Anonymous, High School Student

This time is just so surreal. If you had told me a year ago that we would be in the middle of a worldwide pandemic now, I would not have believed you. My thoughts and prayers are with all who are experiencing COVID-19 firsthand. Our lives are just turned utterly upside down at the moment. However, there is still a feeling of hope around us, no matter how crazy our lives are becoming. Personally, I am optimistic that this will pass, and that we will be able to return to our normal routines in life.
–Kaylee, High School Student