All things being equal: Queen still reigns on small screen

I’m the type of person who ends up getting tired or bored with certain television shows, especially if they have something to do with crime. However, there’s one show that’s changed my perspective: The Equalizer.

The show opened my eyes because there’s so many problems that are presented in each episode. Every episode has women running for their lives or people getting shot or tortured because of their ethnicity or race. That alone is enough to drag in an audience.

When I first started watching the show, I was only interested in the fact that the main character was played by Queen Latifah. I enjoyed watching her in a lot of other shows, and based on the commercials for The Equalizer, she portrayed a strong character, and I love watching shows with strong female characters.

I started watching each Equalizer episode and I realized that the show has more to offer than just a strong female lead.

Latifah plays the character Robyn McCall, who goes about her daily life like an average person. She has a teenage daughter who is mostly with her aunt while she works.

Originally, McCall was in the CIA, which her family had no idea about, but something  happened and she got upset and left. From there she tries to live a normal life, but eventually goes on to help those that the police didn’t find important enough. 

With some help from old friends, an acquaintance from inside the police force, and some new friends, McCall goes around known as “The Equalizer” and helps those in need, no matter the gender or race.

There’s a lot more that happens within the show, but I don’t want to give too much of it away because it’s better to experience it first-hand. All I’m going to say is that if you love a show that leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat, this is the one for you. There’s  action, drama, and family love. Pretty much the whole combo. There have also been moments that left me with tears in my eyes.

The show has so much to offer and coming from me, the type of person who can never finish a single season of any show, The Equalizer is the type of show to binge multiple times with a bag of popcorn. gm