Radcliffe’s new horror flick has no magic

After seeing the previews for Daniel Radcliffe’s newest film, I was anticipating how scary it would be. As a horror movie fanatic, I was excited and ready to be scared.

Expecting a new classic, I was disappointed. I still enjoyed the movie because of the quality of acting, but it wasn’t scary at all, and the plot was very predictable.

The woman in black is a woman whose child was taken away from her because her sister claimed she was crazy, so that she would be given the child. The woman later hung herself after her child was killed in the marshes outside of her sister’s home. The woman in black swore to never forget what her sister did and has been the reason behind every child death over the years.

Although the plot and premise were poor, the casting was great and I appreciated their acting abilities. Even though I was not thoroughly impressed by the level of ‘scary’.

During the first 30 minutes, nothing horrifying is shown. After the movie got around to explaining the premise, it got interesting; things finally began to unfold.

Radcliffe’s character Arthur Kipps, a lawyer, is assigned to sort out the affairs of a dead woman, who was also the sister of the woman in black.

Although there are pros and cons to this movie, overall it’s a great film and is definitely on my list of horror movies to watch.

The death of Kipps’ son, unlike everything else in the movie, I did not see it coming. Which impressed me because I was sincerely surprised for the first time throughout the movie.

The elements of the story and premise of the movie aren’t that scary. Although, the actors portrayed their characters well and made the movie worth watching.