Second Hunger Games movie catches fire at boxoffice

Few movies out there truly capture my attention the entire time. It’s extremely difficult for me to get pulled into a film, but there is one very special exception.

Recently, I watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and let me just start off by saying that it blew my mind. Although I wasn’t first in line the day it was released, I made sure to grab a seat as soon as I could. I watched it in the IMAX theater, which I strongly recommend. It made the movie ten times more thrilling since it was played on such a large screen.

In the film, audiences get into the life of one of the main characters, Katniss Everdeen, played by one of my personal favorite actresses, Jennifer Lawrence. I absolutely love the emotion she puts into her character and her personality seems to be really down to earth.

After winning the 74th Hunger Games months before alongside another vital character, Peeta Mellark, played by Josh Hutcherson, life isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. The two are instructed to go on a “Victor’s Tour,” where they pay a visit to all of the districts. President Snow, the man in charge, pays a very serious visit to Katniss just before they leave. He warns her that if she doesn’t convince the country and himself of her and Peeta’s love, their loved one’s will be in danger.

During some of their first stops on the tour, people in the crowd whistle a familiar tune and make the three finger salute, sparking uprisings throughout the districts. Later one evening, President Snow announces the country’s third “Quarter Quell,” a different version of the Hunger Games that has a special provision where all tributes are selected from the existing victors. Katniss and Peeta, who volunteers himself for their mentor Haymitch, return to the games once again.

The movie ends dramatically with a quick and intense look into Katniss’ eyes. Which I really liked that it ended that way; it kept me questioning everything that happened and what is yet to come and made me want to return for more. Throughout the entire movie, I was on the edge of my seat. The intensity was on a completely different level and I loved every bit of it. The actors and actresses played their characters flawlessly. So much emotion was put into it and the special effects were amazing.

If you haven’t already watched the film, I strongly suggest you drop everything now and get to the nearest theater. Although you might want to watch the first movie or read the books before, only so you know what’s going on.

Enjoy the film my fellow Hunger Gamers, and may the odds be ever in your favor.