The Norseman, published during each academic school year, covers news, events and students at Bryan High School in Bryan, Texas. Staff members meet daily to plan, write, produce and design both the print and online editions of The Norseman, and compete in Academic UIL events in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Staff for 2015-2016:
Former Staff Members
Please feel free to contact The Norseman staff regarding any questions or concerns you might have. Also, feel free to submit any letters to the editor or pieces for Viking Voice.
3450 Campus Drive
Bryan, TX 77802
- Lucy Raleigh: 5th – Feature
A&M Consolidated Invitational
- Lucy Raleigh: 2nd – Feature
Brazos Valley Invitational
- Gail Finch: 3rd – Editorial; 6th – Headline; 5th – News
- Mariah Guerrero: 4th – Editorial; 2nd – Headline
- Danica Mendes: 4th – Headline
- Jennyfer Tucker: 6th – Feature
- Gail Finch: 5th – News, 6th – Editorial
- Award of Distinguished Merit
- Jesse Baxter: Honorable Mention – News Writing
- Mariah Guerrero: Honorable Mention – News Feature Writing
- Lucy Raleigh: Honorable Mention – Sports News Writing
- Alanis King: Honorable Mention – Personal Opinion Column
- Andy Ramirez: Honorable Mention – In-Depth News/Feature Story
- Staff: 3rd – Headlines
- Award of Achievement
- Staff: 2nd Place – Social Media
- Val Arriaga: 2nd Place – Sports Feature, 1st Place – Entertainment Review
- Alanis King: Honorable Mention – Sports Feature
- Emily Nash: Honorable Mention – Personal Column, 2nd Place – Personal Opinion Column
2014-2015 UIL Awards
2013-2014 ILPC Awards
2013-2014 UIL Awards
2012-2013 ILPC Awards
2012-2013 UIL Awards
2011-2012 ILPC Awards
2011-2012 UIL Awards
2010-2011 ILPC Awards
2010-2011 UIL Awards
The opinions expressed are those of the writers and are not reflective of the administrators, faculty or staff of Bryan Independent School District.
Submissions to the editor are welcomed, but must be signed and should not exceed 300 words. The editor reserves the right to edit submissions in the interest of clarity and length or to not print a letter at all. Letters containing obscene or libelous material will not be considered.
Bryan Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex or handicap in providing education services.