Classic music longevity proves superiority over modern songs

The world of music is continuously changing, and while people move on to listening to new music, I continue listening to the good classics from the previous century. I have listened to newer music, but I think the best eras of music are found in the 20th century. I like most genres of music, as long as the music is older than me. Some of my favorite artists include Queen, The Beatles, Billy Joel, The Beach Boys, Michael Jackson, and Elvis Presley. 

My favorite Queen song is definitely “Bohemian Rhapsody.” All the different genres included make it an amazing song. I like the question about the meaning of life at the start of the song, I like the tragic story included in the song. The lyrics and message may be a little strange to most, but that’s how lots of older music is. It doesn’t really matter that much to me, because the music is amazing! The transitions between styles and genres are the greatest part to me. It’s so complex and beautiful, I can’t put into words how amazing it is. I think anyone who doesn’t like “Bohemian Rhapsody” is a bit strange.

Though “Bohemian Rhapsody” is my favorite song, The Beatles are my favorite band. Some of my favorites are “Come Together,” “All You Need is Love,” “Yellow Submarine,” “Help!,” and “Yesterday.” I don’t exactly have a favorite Beatles song, but if I had to choose one, it would be “Hey Jude.” The song is about getting over difficult situations and making it better. It starts off kind of sad, then it continues to bring a happier feeling throughout each verse. It ends with a feeling of rejoicing, happily singing “na na na na”. I really like the progression and change in the feeling of the song. The Beatles are the best band because they have so many amazing songs and they were all really good people.

Another amazing singer is Billy Joel, who is kind of underrated. One Billy Joel song I love is “We Didn’t Start the Fire”. I was quite surprised when I found out that some of my friends have never heard it, even though it was parodied on Youtube millions of times in 2020. The song is about all the chaos that goes on throughout the world, and how it’s not the fault of the current generation. It’s got some great music and I really like the rock style of the song.

Michael Jackson was an excellent singer and has several amazing songs. My personal favorite is “Man in the Mirror.” I love the message in the song that if you want to make the world better, you have to work on making yourself better. I also really like how the song almost sounds like a gospel or soul song because that style goes along very well with the message.

And of course, I have to write a paragraph about The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Elvis Presley. I love all his music. He’s got several amazing classic songs, has covered several Christmas songs, and even wrote some of his own. During December I like to listen to Elvis sing all my favorite Christmas songs. Most of his songs are amazing. “Viva Las Vegas”, “Heartbreak Hotel”, “Don’t Be Cruel”, and “Burning Love” are just a few of my favorites, it’s impossible to choose one.

I enjoy most music, including modern music, but it’s simply not as good as old music. Even though I can bear most modern music, there is one popular singer I can never bear listening to, Billie Eilish.  She is the absolute worst singer ever. She doesn’t even really sing. In most of her songs, she mumbles lyrics with some music in the background. I can’t even put into words how much I hate it! I don’t understand why so many people enjoy her music, it’s absolutely unbearable. I especially despise “Bad Guy,” which was all over the place a few years ago. When I hear her music, I want to rip my ears off!

There are several other amazing songs and singers from the 20th century, but if I tried to list them all, it would take forever. I think everyone should consider listening to older music. I promise, it’s much better than today’s music. I feel like lots of old music has very good rhythm and lyrics. Much of the newer music is kind of lame and boring, there are several decent songs now, but I can’t think of a truly great song that came out since 2000.  Everyone should at least listen to the songs listed in this article.