Sometimes it is too late

Avoid postponing things that can be done now

The phrase “it’s never too late” has always pushed me to get out of my comfort zone. The words themselves make it a possible, convincing impulse to believe anything that a person would like. 

Whether the words involve a gesture, an apology, or some sort of spontaneous action, it’s a feeling that gives us the ability to hope for an outcome. The result could be for the better or worse, depending on the situation and how one considers such action. 

One might think that it’s always possible to amend a situation by doing what should have been done in the first place even after such a long time or simply by attempting to “fix” it. That no matter the circumstances, it’s always possible to do whatever feels right in their heart.

However, that’s not the case for me anymore. 

The truth is sometimes it is too late. We waste so much time and effort waiting for a situation to be fixed rather than doing something that could potentially change the outcome. 

We become afraid of the “what ifs,” and how situations could not turn out the way we want them. Because of this fear, we might create some sort of wall that prevents us from doing the things that we want to do, the things that we SHOULD pursue and chase after. This can apply to many situations and all of the outcomes are different for each person. 

However, what I’m talking about are the missed opportunities that people don’t take because of the risks that are involved. Whether it involves asking someone to a special event, giving someone a well-deserved apology, or simply anything sentimental that impacts someone for the better, it’s important for us to realize that there isn’t as much time as we think, or need to make decisions. We should always try to make the best of getting ourselves out of our comfort zones into something that could make our day a little brighter by refusing to be held back by our thoughts.

Nevertheless, the truth is that there’s no time like the present. Because if it’s not right now, when will it be? When will the “right time” ever come? It simply won’t. There’s not a sign that states the specific action that someone needs to take, simply won’t happen. 

People should just take the shot, even if it doesn’t go the way they would have liked. It’s better to do it in that moment than to regret it and not know that would happen simply because of “what ifs” stopping you. 

Life is always on the move; it’s always changing and never-ending, so does it truly matter if you wait rather than taking matters into your own hands? It’s never too late until it is, and if one has the opportunity to add some impulsive and spontaneous ideas to their life, it could be as simple as not being afraid to do the right thing or saying the words you never had the strength to say to someone. One should take the chance and make the most of it before it’s too late and you repeat the same cycle of doing NOTHING to change what could’ve been.