BBL Drizzy making headlines once again

Drake vs. Everybody 20v1. If you have been online recently, I’m sure you have seen all of the backlash and sneak dissing going on with big-name rappers like Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Future, Rick Ross, and more. And if somehow you got lost in translation between all the subliminal messages and back-to-back Twitter posts, I’m here to break down all the tea. 

To backtrack, almost seven months ago, Drake dropped his latest album, For All the Dogs, while on his It’s All a Blur tour

In one of the most popular songs from the album First Person Shooter, Drake collaborates with fellow artist J. Cole. The song throws subtle and deceptive subliminal messages at rapper Kendrick Lamar. 

The most obvious one is the talk about the “Big 3,” which is where I think this beef began. J Cole says, “Me and Drizzy this **** like the Super Bowl,” which is a double entendre. 

In the music video for the song, Drake and Cole face off in the NFL Super Bowl, but Kendrick is nowhere to be found because they say he is in the third slot and can’t compete with them. 

Another jab is made at Kendrick because he performed at the Super Bowl in 2022, so they are essentially saying they don’t need a Super Bowl because they are the Super Bowl, unlike Kendrick.

Fast-forward to the beginning of April, when music producer Metro Boomin and rapper Future dropped their long-awaited joint album, We Don’t Trust You, which features Travis Scott, The Weeknd, Playboi Carti, Rick Ross, and Kendrick Lamar. 

In the song “Like That,” Kendrick takes it upon himself to diss Drake and J Cole about the Big 3 when he says there is no Big 3 and that it’s just him. That verse alone started chaos. Every other rapper went on to diss Drake on their Twitter account, which led to Drake making a diss song back for all of them. 

This is where the “20 v. 1” comes in because it’s Drake versus literally every other rapper. Although J Cole did make a diss track back about Kendrick Lamar, it was such a disappointment that he took the song down and even apologized for being in the drama to begin with. Crazy, I know, right? 

In Drake’s recent song “Push Ups,” he calls out basically everybody who was on Metro Boomin’s new joint album. He makes fun of Kendrick for literally being fun-sized and says Kdot’s (Kendrick’s) diss was weak. 

His next target was Rick Ross, who was well-deserved because he was talking crazy over Instagram, even though his most streamed songs have Drake in them. Next, he goes on about how Future got his first number-one song because Drake was in their joint album. 

And we won’t even get into what Drake had to say about The Weeknd. 

We are still waiting for Kendrick Lamar’s comeback, but I have a feeling it won’t be worth the hype. 

Although Drake hasn’t been in any controversy in a while, we know he is the literal King of trolling, so it was about time he stirred the pot a bit.