Homecoming festivities a week-long celebration

Today kicks off the homecoming festivities; a week full of crazy style, Viking spirit and, of course, dressing to impress for the long awaited homecoming dance.

Students spend the week looking forward to the pep-rally and football game on Friday, where students and alumni come to support and watch the Vikings win, and the dance on Saturday night, but there are many activities throughout the week that build up to Friday and Saturday’s main festivities.

Homecoming 2011 – A Night on the Town Weekend of September 23

The week is full of dress up days, and opens today with mix-match clothes. Tuesday, students will get the chance to wear their favorite color. Wednesday, students will be able to dress up as their favorite super hero, which is followed by Thursday, when students can wear their crazy socks and “kicks”. Friday brings everything together and students are encouraged to wear their “Go Big Blue” apparel.

“I’m looking forward to seeing all the superheros on Wednesday,” senior Abel Lara said. “I plan to show off my original character, Trash Bag Girl, saving the world one trash bag at a time.”

Homecoming Festivities

Monday – “TACK” up the Town-wear mixmatch clothes

Tuesday – “COLOR” the Town-Deck out in your favorite color

Wednesday – “SAVE” the Town- Dress up as your favorite Super Hero

Thursday – “WALK” the Town- Wear your favorite new Kicks or Crazy socks

Friday – “GO BIG BLUE” – Football Game against Ellison, 7:30 P.M. Merrill Green Stadium

Saturday – “A Night on the Town” Homecoming dance begins at 7:00

While some students may prefer to show their unique style on the dress up days, others, like Varsity football player Zac Slaydon, say they are looking forward to the homecoming game which will be held Friday night against Killeen Ellison at Merrill Green Stadium at 7:00 P.M.

“I’m really looking forward to the game and seeing every student come back to be a part of the big crowd,” Slaydon said.

Homecoming ends with the dance which will be held in the silver cafeteria and is themed “A Night on the Town.”

Tickets for the dance will be sold during all lunches for $10 with a student ID, and they will also be sold at the door for $15. Students must be clear of all fines and charges to purchase tickets.
Girls still looking for a dress can contact Mrs. Holmes in room 5240 about purchasing a dress through the junior class homecoming dress sale.