Varsity football victorious in Homecoming game against Killeen-Ellison

Bryan defeated Killeen-Ellison in the Homecoming game on September 23rd at Merrill Green Stadium by a score of 56-7.

In the first quarter, Chris Johnson scored on a 10 yard touchdown run, followed by a 7 yard touchdown by Kevin Jefferson. The Vikings scored on defense too when Shavon Pennie recovered a 54 yard fumble and returned it for a touchdown and Joe Clay made a 31 yard interception return for another 6. Chris N. Johnson converted on all four extra point attempts.

On defense, Tyler Allen recovered a fumble, Bykece Campbell made an interception and Joseph Clay recorded two interceptions. At the end of the first quarter, the score was Bryan 28 – Ellison 0.

In the second quarter, Chris Johnson made a 1 yard touchdown run and Kevin Jefferson made an 82 yard touchdown run. Chris Johnson also passed the ball to Bobby Johnson for a 37 yard touchdown toward the end of the half. Chris N. Johnson went perfect again by kicking 3 extra extra points following touchdowns. At the half Bryan led 49-0.

In the third quarter, D’Antre Beasley blocked a field goal to keep Killeen-Ellison from getting on the scoreboard.

In the fourth quarter, Marvin Dowdy made a 6 yard touchdown run, and Chris N. Johnson made a point after touchdown.

On the defense, Alvin Adams made an interception.

OFFENSE STATS:
Chris Johnson 1-1 37 yds td-passing, 6 carries 43 yards 2 td-rushing
Kevin Jefferson 13 carries 159 yards 2 tds-rushing
Bobby Johnson 12 carries 97 yards-rushing 1-37 yards 1 td-receiving
Marvin Dowdy 15 carries 63 yards 1 td-rushing

DEFENSE STATS:
VJ Banks 8 tackles
Zac Slaydon 8 tackles
Bykece Campbell 7 tackles
D’Antre Beasley 6 tackles
Johnny Childs 6 tackles
Barry Densey 6 tackles
Alex Pappas 6 tackles