Talent Show gets start with Key Club

Huddled around the television each Tuesday and Wednesday night, many Americans find themselves glued to the talent showcase that American Idol has become.

Instead of only being able to watch these performers compete on a television screen, students will have the opportunity to watch and cheer on their friends and peers in the school-wide talent show on March 26th.

The project, sponsored by Key Club, came to fruition after junior Miguel Rodriguez noticed the school was missing a platform for students to share their unique talents with the rest of the student body.

“In middle school, my friend and I would always talk about a talent show at the high school. It’s always been on my mind since freshman year,” Rodriguez said. “Finally, in the beginning of this year, I got started.”

The show has expanded over time, and the auditions in February attracted many talented students.

“As we talked about it and looked at the number of people who’d be interested in it, that in addition to offering it at Bryan High, we’d offer it to the other two high schools [in Bryan] as well,” Key Club sponsor Ted Vaughan said. “I think we’re going to end up with about sixteen acts.”

The show will allow the community to view a showcase of talent from Bryan ISD students.

The talent show will be held at Rudder Auditorium on March 26 at 7 pm. Students are encouraged to arrive early to get a good seat. For more information contact sponsor Ted Vaughan or any Key Club member.